Come one, come all to the inaugural edition of Observations, my roundup post covering the interesting, funny, touching, and bizarre things I read every day. My RSS reader doth overflow with posts, and I’ll be writing Observations every weekday (usually).
It’s May 25th, so Happy Towel Day! Let’s dive right in.
- Leap Motion gesture control technology hands-on
- The Old Spice bear statue deodorant holder you never knew you needed
- How a bizarre legal case involving a mysterious billionaire could force 1.2 million Canadians to be married, against their will
- Watch This Incredible Video Of A Deaf Girl Hearing Herself For The First Time
- ‘Moonrise Kingdom’ opens today to critical acclaim
- Roundup of lighting designs from the International Contemporary Furniture Fair
- Japan’s fugitive penguin caught after two months on the lam
- Lady Gaga Won’t Tone Down Show, Says Manager
- For Those Who Fear Needles, an Air-Jet Alternative
- Darth Vader robs bank in Ohio, escapes on BMX bike
- ‘Because We May’ indie video game sale offers deep discounts on awesome games for iOS, Android, and PC
- Anthony Swofford on the Epidemic of Military Suicides
- Camaro decorated with amazingly intricate Sharpie designs
Today’s Animated GIF: Paula Deen and her butter are food for your nightmares
Photo: NASA’s Mars Rover Opportunity catches its own late-afternoon shadow in this dramatically lit view eastward across Endeavour Crater on Mars. Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/Cornell/Arizona State Univ.